About this Opportunity
We are looking for a committed and technically astute IT professional to fill the position of Systems Administrator. Based in Suva, Fiji and reporting to the IT Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an efficient, secure, stable, scalable and robust IT infrastructure for the Secretariat.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Planning, maintenance, monitoring, configuration and improvement of the IT systems and services;
- Administration of all Server, Network and Security Device Admin user accounts and shares;
- Re-looking at processes within the department and providing necessary recommendation on adjustments to improve the process;
- Making recommendations for the automation and/or improving of processes within the organisation;
- Coordinating and managing all system security and infrastructure related projects;
- Assisting with the implementation of IT related projects;
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders regarding proposed changes to the systems and its infrastructure;
- Ensuring that all system documentation is current; and
- Maintaining a clear record of users, disk space utilisation, IP address, and other requested information.
Candidates should have a tertiary degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or Information Systems as well as extensive professional experience in a similar role. Knowledge of BCP, DRP, Microsoft applications and Open Source Operating Systems such as Linux or FreeBSD will be an advantage. Extensive knowledge and experience would also ensure that candidates are able to map organisation and user requirements to technical solutions.
Candidates who approach their daily work from a strategic, customer focused perspective with excellent communication and relationship building skills are the ones we seek. Qucik learners with the ability to assess a situation and make the necessary decisions would be considered highly desirable.
About the Benefits
The appointment will carry a competitive remuneration and benefits package including medical and life insurance. The salary will be in the range of SDR 21,946 to SDR 32,918 per annum. At the 1 June 2013 exchange rate this salary range was equivalent to FJD61,216 to FJD91,821.
For non-Fijian nationals, this salary may be tax-free. Interested applicants are encouraged to download the information package (click here) containing the job description and remuneration details. The closing date for applicants is 19 July 2013.
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must be a national of a Forum member country.*
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages both men and women to apply.
About the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat
The Pacific Islands Forum was founded in August 1971 and comprises 16 independent and self-governing states in the Pacific. Its Leaders meet annually to develop collective responses to regional issues.
The Forum’s administrative arm is the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, based in Suva, Fiji. It acts as the Secretariat for Forum-related events, implements decisions by the Leaders, facilitates the delivery of development assistance to member states, and undertakes the political and legal mandates of Forum meetings.
The Forum Secretariat is also mandated to coordinate the implementation of the Pacific Plan for strengthening regional cooperation and integration. For more information about our organisation visit www.forumsec.org.
*Member States of the Pacific Islands Forum: Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.